Lt. Leland Williams Memorial
The memorial is located on the south side of Rotkreuzstrasse at the western extremity of a long series of apartment complexes. The memorial is located 150m to the east of the intersection of Rotkreuzstrasse and Shäfflerstrasse. Monument The Leland Williams memorial is a white concrete pillar with a gray base and top. It is located in a small grassy area and there are flowers on both sides of the monument. There is a bronze plaque in the center of the pillar that explains Lt. Williams' sacrifice during the Berlin Airlift and the town of Erding's appreciation. When Erding began construction of a new part of the city in 1949, it was named Williamsville in honor of Lt. Williams.
United States Air Force