This Maxon Mount is located in the room called "Les Alliés Second Guerre mondiale"(The Allies of the Second World War) in the back of the museum. Combat Vehicle The Maxon M45 Quadmount, nicknamed the "meat chopper" features four .50cal machine guns and replaced the M33 twin mount. The M45 was effective against both aircraft and ground targets. Although the M45 could be transported by jeeps and other light vehicles, its operation was often restricted by the stability of the surrounding environment.
"Anti-Aircraft quadruple gun mount also mounted on M 16 Half-Track. Range: 1000 m."
Other images :