George Washington Equestrian
In the center of the Place d'Iena Statue
An equestrian statue of George Washington. The statue, by the American sculptors Daniel Chester French and Edward G. Potter, was inaugurated July 3, 1900. It is a bronze statue of Washington on horseback. It was given by a committee of American women belonging to the high society.
Gift of the women of the United States of America in memory of the brotherly help given by France to their fathers in the fight for Independence.
American Revolutionary War