Lt. Col. Daniel B. Strickler & 110th Infantry Regiment
Facing the front of the church from Rue Knupp, this monument is located on the right hand side, in front of the town hall building. The monument itself can be found in a small clearing surrounded by a stone retaining wall, with two benches on the left and a tree on the right side.
Monument The monument is a four foot high (1.2m) stone with a plaque commemorating Col. Daniel B. Strickler and the 110th Infantry Regiment. During the Battle of the Bulge in December 1944, Col. Daniel Strickler was sent to Consthum to aide in the defense of German attacks on the 110th Infantry Regiment. Attacks on the nearby villages of Marnach, Hosingen and Clervaux had placed the 110th Regiment in a perilous position and Col. Daniel Strickler was sent to Consthum to oversee their defense. After two days of intense fighting, Consthum was the only resistance that remained after the German assault. By the end of the third day of fighting, the village had been captured. The strong defense put forth by the 110th Regiment effectively slowed the German advance and gave the allied forces time to remount an assault on the German forces.
The monument bears the keystone insignia of the 28th Infantry Division along with three stars on the bottom portion of the plaque.
The text of the plaque reads:
"IN HONOR TO COLONEL DANIEL B. STRICKLER AND HIS SOLDIERS OF THE 110TH REGIMENT, 28TH US INFANTRY DIVISION, WHO VALIANTLY DEFENDED OUR HOME TOWN DURING THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE