Cimetière de Pamplemousses
The Cimetière de Pamplemousses, also called the "Cimetière des Blancs" (because many of the ruling-class whites of colonial Mauritius are buried there) is the oldest cemetery in Mauritius; the first burial was in 1748.
, , Pamplemousses , , , Mauritius
The cemetery is located next to the Saint-François-d'Assise Catholic Church of Pamplemousses, near the entrance of the Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical Garden of Pamplemousses (the oldest botanical garden in the southern hemisphere). The church, like the wall surrounding the cemetery, is built of black volcanic stone.
Map reference (click on pin to see Lat/Long):
Flag Poles :