Compiègne - Camp Royallieu
During World War II, Compiègne was used as a major deportation station by Nazi Germany in order to transport detainees to concentration camps. Deportation stations throughout France would lead here for prisoners to be transported to the concentration camps in the early 1940s. Camp Royallieu contained 25 barracks in order to hold over 45,000 detainees from 1941 to 1944, including political internees as well as Russian and American Jewish civilians. Today, Camp Royallieu has been converted to a museum commemorating the lives of these internees and the dark history associated with the camp.
2 Avenue des Martyrs de la Liberté , 60200 , Compiègne , 60-Oise , Hauts-de-France , France
300 meters southwest of the roundabout where Rue de Paris and Avenue du Général Weygand intersect
Map reference (click on pin to see Lat/Long):
49.401899 2.808224 2 Avenue des Martyrs de la Liberté
Flag Poles :