Category C men's prison, designed by Daniel Asher Alexander and constructed in 1809, first used to hold prisoners of the Napoleonic Wars and American prisoners from the War of 1812. A memorial to the 271 POWs (mostly merchant seamen) who are buried in the prison grounds stands in the cemetery.
Tavistock Rd. , PL206RH , Princetown , Devon , England , UK
From B3212, turn north on Tavistock Road. The prison is 1km ahead on the east side of the road.
Map reference (click on pin to see Lat/Long):
50.550478 -3.994195 Tavistock Rd.
Flag Poles :